OldBiblesHistory of Our Church

 

Holy Trinity was founded in 1875 by the Rev. Alexander Phillippi.  Following the civil war Rev. Phillippi established a school for girls in the house adjacent to our property where Grubb Funeral Home is currently located. Dr. Phillippi quickly saw the need for a Lutheran Congregation in town.  Dr. Phillippi began holding services in the Court House.  It was soon determined to build and organize what first became know as The Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Holy Trinity.

Holy Trinity and historic St. John's Lutheran Church on the corner of Holston Rd and 4th Street merged in 1924.   The St. John Board was established to care for the St. John property and cemetery.  An annual homecoming worship service and picnic is held on the St. John's property on the 3rd Sunday of August to honor the mother church of Wythe County. 

 

Located on West Main Street in Wytheville, VA,  Holy Trinity is well known for its service to the community and town.

 

 

© 2017 Holy Trinity Lutheran Church
Connected Sound - Websites for the Barbershop Community